2023 Summer camps at Ponderosa
The Dates. The Deets. The Downloads.
We hope you are as excited as we are for Summer Camp this year! Below you will find the latest information on how you and your students can get plugged in!
Save the Dates
It may be cold outside, but it’s never too early to begin planning for Summer Camp! Mark your calendars and begin to prepare your students for an awesome time at Ponderosa this summer!
Summit Student Camps
- June 12-16
- July 10-14
- Summit Serve Week: June 26-30
Peak Preteen Camps
- June 18-21
- June 21-24
For more camp details, visit SUMMIT/PEAK Camp – Visit Ponderosa
Join the Waitlist
Now is the time to jump on the Summer Camp Waitlist! “Why?”, you ask. Here’s what you need to know:
This summer is going to be epic for your students and we want to make certain you secure your spots at our Peak and Summit Camps! General Registration begins March 1st. When you sign up for our waitlist, you secure an opportunity for priority reservations as well as ensure you receive ongoing and up-to-date communication for Peak and Summit camps! As we near General Registration (March 1st), a member from our team will personally reach out to those on the waitlist, in the order your request was received, to help you with the registration process. In order to secure your reservation, churches will need a $50 nonrefundable deposit per camper. *No deposit needed to join the waitlist.
Follow the link below to join our Summer Camp Waitlist! We are praying, planning, and preparing for an incredible summer watching God move in the hearts and lives of your students!
Summer Internships Available
Spend your summer providing an amazing camp experience for hundreds of pre-teens and students. Each week is packed with adventure, fun and amazing opportunities for these students to engage with Jesus. As a Summer Camp Intern, you will have the opportunity to help shape the camp experience. You will be given meaningful leadership experience in everything from planning logistics to ministering to students.
Your personalized camp intern responsibilities could look like this:
- Primary responsibility of camp leadership in an area based on gifting (ex AV, Logistics, Nurse)
- Lead a Breakout Session and Option Rotations (Seminars, Ropes Course, Crafts, Rec)
- Serve as support staff to Ponderosa Retreat Center (hospitality, food service, maintenance etc.)
- Assist Program Director by overseeing administrative and programming elements of camp
CREDENTIALS, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Be a believer in Jesus Christ
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Possess a love for Jesus, camp ministry and the next generation
- Know how to share the gospel
- Be teachable and have an attitude to serve
- Previous ministry experience is desired
- AV, Photography, or Videography skills are a plus
- Align with the Baptist Faith and Message
- You must pass a Background Check
LODGING, MEALS, and COMPENSATION
We will provide you with lodging on the Ponderosa property, meals during camp program days and $200 a week during the internship.
We have two options to choose from:
Peak And Summit Intern: 6 weeks June 5-July 15
Trailhead Intern: Full Summer based on your college schedule
Camp Program Director Needed
We are looking for a Program Director to provide supervision and leadership to all CBGC program camps as well as generate and explore new program possibilities and make sure that all programs meet or exceed all regulatory protocols and ministry expectations of the Colorado Baptists General Convention.